Venue: The Annexe, Crosfield Hall, Broadwater Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8GL
Contact: Caroline Lovelock - 01264 368014 Email: email@example.com
Minutes of the meeting held on 19 June 2019
That the minutes of the meeting held on 19 June 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Updates on Panels and appointment to Audit Panel
Lead Members to update the Committee on the progress of their Panels and appoint members to the Audit Panel (10 minutes)
The Future of Hospitals in Andover and Romsey – The scoping report was a separate item on the agenda.
Armed Forces Covenant – Meeting to be arranged to discuss the scoping report.
Budget Panel - Councillor Brooks reported that the next meeting of the Budget Panel will take place on 14 October 2019.
Audit Panel – The membership of the Audit Panel was discussed and it was agreed that this would comprise of Councillor Borg-Neal (Lead Member) Cooper and Gwynne. Councillor Flood would be invited to attend meetings as the Portfolio Holder.
That the Audit Panel comprise of Councillor Borg-Neal (Lead Member) Cooper, Gwynne and Councillor Flood be invited to attend meetings as the Portfolio Holder.
Presentation on the Community and Leisure Portfolio
Councillor Ward, Porfolio Holder for Community and Leisure will give a presentation on the work of his Portfolio (30 minutes)
Councillor Ward, Portfolio Holder for Community and Leisure gave an overview of his Portfolio. During his presentation Councillor Ward covered the scope and organisation of the Portfolio, budget, corporate aims, key achievements from the 2017/18 Service Plan, how success is measured and future challenges.
Councillor Ward answered a number of questions on his Portfolio presentation. Members noted the following issues;
· Romsey Memorial Park had once again been awarded a green flag.
· New Green Space Strategy was currently being prepared and will go to Cabinet later this year.
· Under use of The Plaza during the day would be fed into the Romsey Future discussions.
· It was noted that specific areas and hot spots were focused on in respect of anti social behaviour. Staff would be reminded to share relevant information will be shared with ward members.
· Performance of Romsey Rapids – operations and customer satisfaction is good; however there will be challenges. Monitoring of the contract will be ongoing.
· There was no funding for the burial of babies that died shortly after birth. However, the Council did signpost parents to organisations and charities.
· Temporary Pool in Andover – The temporary pool in Andover will be decommissioned in the next couple of months.
· The Head of Finance will present a report to Cabinet on the overall financial position in respect of the Leisure Centre contract.
The Chairman thanked Councillor Ward for his informative presentation and to the Head of Community and Leisure for his support.
The Future of Hospitals in Andover and Romsey scoping template PDF 22 KB
To consider the draft scoping template for the Future of Hospitals in Andover and Romsey task and finish panel (20 minutes)
The Committee considerd the draft scoping template for the Future of Hospitals in Andover and Romsey.
The key area of focus for the panel was on Romsey and Andover Hospitals, allied services such as surgeries, hubs and their opening hours, position with other hospitals/Southern Health, Planning provision with the demand for new housing/push from central govern and the anticipated increase in population.
Due to the wider review the Committee agreed that the name of the panel should be changed to The Future of Health Provision in Andover and Romsey.
1. That the name of the panel be changed to The Future of Health Provision in Andover and Romsey.
2. That the Future of Health Provision in Andover and Romsey Panel scoping template, be approved.
Programme of Work for the Overview & Scrutiny Committee PDF 118 KB
To enable Members to keep the Committee’s future work programme under review (10 minutes)
The Overview and Scrutiny Away Day was held on Saturday 13 July at Longstock Village Hall. This gave Members the opportunity to consider the entire work programme and discuss future development.
The topics raised at the Away Day will be added to the work programme for consideration by the Committee in September.