Venue: The Annexe, Crosfield Hall, Broadwater Road, Romsey
Contact: Sally Prior - 01264 368024 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
That Councillor Budzynski be appointed as Chairman for the duration of the meeting.
There were no apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
To determine an application for a new Premises Licence for Headlands Farm Coffee Shop, Romsey Road, West Wellow, Romsey
The Licensing Manager presented the report to consider an application for a new Premises Licence submitted by Headlands Farm Coffee Shop in respect of premises at Romsey Road, West Wellow, Romsey.
The applicant sought provision of films, live music, recorded music, performances of dance and supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises from 0830 to 1630 hours, except on Friday and Saturday from the start to the end of British Summer Time when sale is requested to be extended to 1800 hours. Consideration was also sought for the sale of alcohol to be extended until 1900 hours for any pre-arranged public event and until 2200 hours at pre-arranged private events.
The three applicants were invited to address the Sub-Committee. Members were
given the opportunity to ask questions of the applicants.
The Objectors were invited to address the Sub-Committee. Members were given the opportunity to ask questions.
All parties were given the opportunity to ask questions of each other.
The Chairman adjourned the meeting to enable the Sub-Committee to consider the
That the application for a new Premises Licence be granted, but subject to the following Conditions:
1. Licensable activity shall not be provided at any event which is described as or could be considered as a wedding, wedding reception, festival or large event to which the general public might have access.
2. Licensable activity shall only be provided within the building, external seating area, including the fenced coffee shop garden and will not be permitted in any additional buildings or marquees in other locations around Headlands Farm.
3. All staff engaged in the sale of alcohol must be trained on their responsibilities in preventing the sale of alcohol to persons aged under 18 and those that are drunk. In this respect the premises will operate a Challenge 25 policy (NB there is a mandatory condition attached to all Premises Licences requiring them to have an age verification policy).
4. Live music provided externally shall be incidental or offered in such a way that it is not the primary attraction and the premises should consider restricting activity to that provided by a choir, acoustic guitar, keyboard or small band. In any event all external music shall cease by 1900 hours.
5. Irresponsible drink promotions will not be allowed (NB there is a mandatory condition attached to all Premises Licences preventing irresponsible promotions).
6. All licensable activity at the premises will be managed by the premises staff/management/owners i.e. responsibility shall not be passed to any third party.
7. High strength, cheaper alcoholic products commonly described as alco-pops and similar will not be sold. High-strength beers, ciders and lagers in excess of 8% ABV will not be sold.
and varied by the following additional conditions:
8. The start time for serving alcohol is 1100 hours.
9. The extended hours to be permitted up until 2200 hours for special events (public or private) on no more than 80 occasions per calendar year, but limited to no more than 3 ... view the full minutes text for item 4.